I hope that all my Muslim readers are having a blessed Ramadaan. I know that boeka treats are on the menu of a lot of your minds, so I wanted to share 3-ingredient Brownie recipe which I funnily enough came across on my Facebook home feed after one of my friends liked a post. I’ve actually never tried making brownies before but when I saw the “3-ingredient” part of the headline I was tempted to try it out. That, the fact that I love baking and that my boyfriend has a major sweet tooth!
The nice thing about this recipe is that it takes about 30 minutes to whip up. That’s 30 minutes total time (preparation and baking time) – Yeah Baby! Before I get started I need to credit the owner of this recipe -Jessica from Kirbie Cravings – without whom we would not have this delicious boeka treat. If you are a Nutella freak then you should definitely head over to her blog because she has many other quick Nutella recipes to try, and they’re print-friendly. 😉
I’m happy to report that the recipe is flop-proof and came out a huge success! See below for how they came out.
3 ingredient Nutella Brownie Boeka treat
- 1 1/4 cup of Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cake flour
- Pre-heat oven at 280°C
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a bowl before adding all the eggs together. This helps to avoid cracking a rotten egg and adding it to a whole bowl of eggs. Remove any blood or egg shells as you go
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a smooth batter forms
- Grease a small square oven-proof pan
- Pour the batter mixture into the greased oven-proof pan
- Bake the mixture for 15 minutes in the oven (Before removing from the oven, use a cake tester to ensure that it’s been baked properly. Add 1 or 2 minutes more if the cake tester comes of wet.)
- Once ready, take brownies out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Serve with topping of choice
- The website also refers to a variation using peanut butter. I am not really a peanut butter fan but since I am not really fan of things that are to sweet, I thought that I would try peanut butter, in case the Nutella alone was too sweet.
- For the 1 1/4 cup of Nutella only, I used half nuttella and half peanut butter (Black Cat). The peanut butter taste came out very strong, so in future for my personal taste, I will maybe use 1 cup Nutella and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. My boyfriend gave it the thumbs up though, so if you are a peanut butter fan, then I’m sure half, half mixture would suffice.
Happy baking people.
ToxicSweety over and out
Pictures: 3 ingredient Nutella Brownie Boeka treat
Peanut Butter & Nutella Brownie Variation
Original recipe can be found HERE
Thank you for reading!
Catch me online